Chillicothe firefighters responded at about 7:15 a.m. Saturday to a house in the 900 block of Broadway Street. Upon arrival, crews were confronted with heavy smoke, but no flames were visible, according to a report from the Chillicothe Fire Department. Fire Chief Darrell Wright believes the fire originated in the ceiling above the kitchen and was caused by an electrical problem. It took firefighters about 90 minutes to extinguish the blaze. Fire officials said all of the occupants were able to make it out safely despite not having any smoke detectors in the home. The house is owned by Kerby Vulgamott, who reportedly rented the property to Tristan Biswell and Mike Brookman. Wright estimates total damage at about $28,000.
KMZU Newsmaker Interviews at 7:25 a.m.
Today in Country Music History at 7:50 a.m.
The Morning Challenge at 8:40 a.m. weekdays
The Quittin' Time Quiz afternoons at 5:20 p.m.
102 North Mason
Carrollton, Missouri 64633