Things are speeding up in Boonville this week as AT & T announced the addition of 4 G LTE network coverage in the mid-Missouri community. Click to hear KMZU’s Chelsea Wade talk with AT & T Spokesperson Chris Lester.
Press Release from AT & T
BOONVILLE, MO., JULY 17, 2013 — AT&T* has expanded the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network** in Boonville, bringing more customers the latest generation of wireless network technology. AT&T launched 4G LTE in Jefferson City on April 3, 2013, and the expanded coverage is part of its ongoing rollout across the market.
The benefits AT&T 4G LTE provides, include:
• Faster speeds. LTE technology is capable of delivering speeds faster than many other mobile Internet technologies***. Customers can stream, download, upload and game faster than ever before.
• Cool new devices. AT&T offers several LTE-compatible devices, including new AT&T 4G LTE smartphones and tablets.
• Faster response time. LTE technology offers lower latency, or the processing time it takes to move data through a network, such as how long it takes to start downloading a webpage or file once you’ve sent the request. Lower latency helps to improve services like mobile gaming, two-way video calling and telemedicine.
• More efficient use of spectrum. Wireless spectrum is a finite resource, and LTE uses spectrum more efficiently than other technologies, creating more space to carry data traffic and services and to deliver a better network experience.
“We continue to see demand for mobile Internet skyrocket, and our 4G LTE network in Boonville responds to what customers want from their mobile experience — more, faster, on the best devices,” said John Sondag, president of AT&T Missouri.
“Mobile devices and data connectivity are becoming increasingly important,” said state Sen. Kurt Schaefer. “Farmers, healthcare providers, educators and consumers are demanding faster connections and using mobile data to improve their quality of life. AT&T’s investment in cutting-edge mobile technology such as 4G LTE service enhances the connections we have throughout the state, makes this area more competitive and helps encourage job creation and economic development.”
* AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
** Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. Claim based on a comparison of U.S. national carriers’ average 4G LTE download speeds for Android™ and Windows smartphones and iPhone 5. 4G speeds not available everywhere.