Cooking Mishap Ignites Warrensburg Apartment Fire

| December 31, 2012
Print Friendly

An apartment fire in the 300 block of Grover Street in Warrensburg required all units of the Warrensburg Fire Department to respond just before 1 o’clock Sunday afternoon. Reportedly the fire spread from a stove to nearby combustible materials. It then spread through the walls of the structure to an adjoining dwelling. After two hours the fire was brought under control and crews then worked for another 90 minutes to suppress any hot spots. Fire crews were able to keep the blaze contained to one structure in the complex and keep it intact. A crew was assigned to the scene overnight and no injuries were reported.

Tags: ,

Category: Local News, News

About the Author ()

Mike is the Saturday morning anchor and also sits in for news staff periodically. He has been with KMZU since April of 2009. He learned his craft over the years at various radio stations in Missouri before making a home for himself at KMZU. If you wish to contact Mr. Stone please send emails to mikes@kmzu.com or news@kmzu.com.