Dispatch Agreement Finalized

| February 16, 2013
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

An agreement for 911 dispatching services between the city of Chillicothe and Livingston County has been finalized.  According to County Clerk Sherry Parks, the total cost of the service minus the 911 tax revenues is estimated at just under $110,000 for 2013.  The city will be responsible for 63% percent of that cost with the county making up the remaining 37 %.

After city council gave it’s approval last week, City Administrator Ike Holland explained the reasoning behind the change.  “We have a dispatch service for the police department and so did the sheriff’s office,”said Holland,”With this transition, it’s better for them financially and it’s also better for the community to just have one dispatch service for the city and the sheriff at the same time.  It reduces any type of communication error that could occur.”

An official date for the transition is dependent upon the phone service and IT change over.

Please follow and like us:

Category: Headlines, Local News, News

About the Author ()