An expired CO2 detector may have saved lives in Chillicothe.

| September 30, 2017
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

CHILLICOTHE, Mo. – The Chillicothe Fire Department responded to investigate when a carbon monoxide detector sounded at a local residence.

Firefighters were called to Wilson Street around 10:40 Thursday night when the CO2 detector activated. After several gas monitor readings confirmed something dangerous in the residence, Empire Gas was called to investigate. The gas company locked down the house meter when a leaking valve was found in the basement.

It was later determined that the expired CO2 meter activated by coincidence, unrelated to the gas leak.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Category: Local News, News

About the Author ()