Road crews will be busy this week even as holiday traffic for the 4th of July begins to fill area roadways.
Area Engineer Mike McGrath gives a rundown of projects in his district.
Other areas that will be affected by road work throughout the week, except on the 4th:
- Route J will be closed from N.W. Thiel Drive to N.W. Penney Drive for culvert replacement Monday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Route D will see delays as crews work from Route C to U.S. Hwy 36 in Livingston Co. conducting pothole patching Monday through Friday this week.
- Route PP at the Middle Fork of the Chariton River Bridge a mile east of Salisbury MoDOT crews will be deck sealing Monday and Tuesday.
- Route TT from Route 139 to U.S. Hwy 36 in Linn Co. crews will be pothole patching Monday through Wednesday.
- Route D crews will be deck sealing Monday through Friday.
- Route TT from U.S. Hwy 36 to Route 139 in Chariton Co. crews will be pothole patching Monday through Wednesday.
- Route B remains closed for bridge maintenance at Locust Creek. That work will continue through September.
- Route V at the railroad bridge in Chillicothe near Broadway and Polk crews will be grading Monday through Friday.
- Route D from U.S. Hwy 36 to Route C in Carroll Co. crews will be pothole patching, Monday through Friday.
In all counties crews will be mowing, brush cutting, pothole patching and conducting signing operations on various routes. Some work may require lane closures and delays can be expected.
For a rundown of work on all of Missouri’s roadways, log onto the MoDOT website.