Fire crews from Chillicothe, Lock Springs, Jamesport, and Chula responded to a fire west of Chillicothe on Highway 190 Friday morning . Click to hear KMZU’s Kristie Cross talk to Chief Darrell Wright:
According to the report, the residence is the property of Yulia Peniston. Wright said the occupants were at home when the blaze broke out. “It started around the flue on the wood stove,” said Wright,” The neighbors came to tell them it was on fire. It was burning on the outside of the house.
More than 4300 gallons of water was used to extinguish the flames. “We had quite a bit of fire involvement upon arrival,” said Wright,”
We were able to save most of the structure and contents. We would estimate the damage to be around $200,000.”
No injuries were reported in the incident.