Update (2:00 p.m.) – A press conference will be held at 4:30 p.m. at the Moberly City Hall.
Two males being sought in a shooting spree that left one person dead, and two others wounded in Randolph County Sunday night are reportedly in custody. The Moberly Police Department said the two suspects were captured in Macon on Monday morning. According to a press release, a witness told investigators the men were at a home in the 100 block of Third Street. As police were investigating the tip, they said a group of individuals exited the home. The two suspects were reported to be among that group of people. They were apprehended without incident and transported to Randolph County for further investigation.
Press Release from the Moberly Police Department
On 3/31/2013 at approximately 9:30pm Macon Police Department was contacted to assist Moberly Police Department, Randolph County Sheriff’s Department and the Missouri State Highway Patrol in the Macon area. Information had been received they had 2 homicide / assault suspects possibly traveling to the Macon area. Macon Police Officers responded to assist. At approximately 8:30 am, information was received that suspects were possibly in a residence in the 100 block of West Third Street with a perimeter being set in the neighborhood. While the Missouri State Highway Patrol tactical unit was en route to the area, numerous subjects exited the residence including the two suspects sought by law enforcement. Both suspects were taking into custody without incident and were later transported back to Randolph County for further investigation.
No other information is being released at this time.
The original story can be found here: http://www.kmzu.com/shootings-and-thefts-in-randolph-co/