Smoking Possible Cause of Apartment Fire

| May 15, 2013
Print Friendly

Smoking while using oxygen breathing equipment is believed to be the cause of an apartment fire in Ludlow this week.  The Livingston County Sheriff’s Office reports the female victim was flown by helicopter to a metro hospital.

The investigation continues under the direction of the Missouri State Fire Marshall’s Office.

Press Release from the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office

On the evening of May 13, the LCSO responded to the Cedar Brook Apartments in Ludlow regarding a report of a resident being in an apartment fire. Preliminary investigation suggests the female occupant was wearing oxygen breathing equipment while in the process of smoking when she fire burned her and other things in the apartment. The Chillicothe Department of Emergency Services, Dawn Fire and First Responders, and the Missouri Fire Marshall’s Office assisted and the remained of the investigation is being completed with the Missouri Fire Marshall’s Office. The victim was flown from Ludlow by air ambulance to a metro hospital. We are thankful for the citizen(s) who helped the victim and for the professional response of the emergency responders.

Category: Headlines, Local News, News