Warrensburg’s annual summer street maintenance program is set to begin.
The Public Works Department plans to commence work during July. Seventeen areas are scheduled for resurfacing. Parts of Aspen, Applewood, Bluebird, Dogwood, Vest Court, Sunflower, Washington, South Street, Darrow, Darrow Court, Springridge, Timberline, Essex, Gay Street, and the Railroad Bridge on Maguire Street will be affected.
Approximately 3,700 tons of asphalt will be applied and almost 17,5000 square yards of old surface will be roto-milled. The estimate cost is $307,000. An additional $70,000 will be spent on ADA improvements, along with other curb and sikewalk projects.
Notices will be left at homes and businesses along the construction paths. Anyone with questions is encouraged to contact the Warrensburg Public Works Department. They can be reached at (660) 747-9135 or at www.warrensburg-mo.com.
Press Release from the City of Warrensburg
WARRENSBURG, MO (June 20, 2013) – The Warrensburg Public Works Department is announcing the annual summer street maintenance program. Numerous community streets will see needed improvements this summer in the form of an asphalt surface overlay.
Work should commence during July and includes the application of approximately 3,782 tons of asphalt along with the roto-milling of 17,458 sq. yds. of old surface at a cost of $307,293. Additionally, nearly $70,000 will be spent on ADA improvements along with other curb and sidewalk projects.
Signage will be placed along the streets and notices will be left at the homes or businesses of those along the construction paths. The public is encouraged to comply with all construction notices and temporary traffic control devices.
The following streets are scheduled for resurfacing:
· Aspen, from Woodlawn to Grandview Dr.
· Applewood, from Woodlawn to Grandview
· Bluebird, from Montserrat to Sunflower
· Dogwood, from Bluebird to Cul-de-sac
· Vest Ct., from Montserrat to Cul-de-sac
· Sunflower, from Vest Dr. to Bluebird
· Washington, from King to Houx
· South St., from Maguire to College
· South St., from Washington to Main
· Darrow, from Clark to Cul-de-sac
· Darrow Ct., from Darrow to Cul-de-sac
· Springridge, from Council Trail to Timberline
· Springridge, from Timberline to Patrick Rd.
· Timberline, from Grandview to Locust
· Essex, from Pembroke to Cul-de-sac
· Gay St., from Maguire to College
· Railroad Bridge on Maguire
The City of Warrensburg apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciates the patience and cooperation of the public.
For more information, contact the Public Works Department at 660-747-9135 or visit www.warrensburg-mo.com.