KMZU hosted the 2015 Academic Achievement Awards Banquet on Wednesday, May 6, 2015. 35 schools recognized one student per school for their excellence in academics as well as exemplary performance in extracurricular and community activities. Out of those outstanding 35 scholars, five were chosen to be awarded two-hundred and fifty dollar scholarships. The scholarship winners explained the activities that brought them this esteemed recognition, as well as their plans after high school.
First we will hear from Autumn Bills, representing the Braymer School District.
Next we hear from Jackson Pence, who represents the Richmond School District.
Nisha Patel represents the Crest Ridge School District.
We also hear from Sevannaugh Aquino, another scholarship recipient who represents the Knob Noster School District.
The fifth scholarship recipient is, Kelsey Stuenkel, representing Lafayette County C-I.
Jacob Schuchmann was the scholar representing Brunswick R-II, who was also available for an interview.
KMZU would like to offer appreciation to the sponsors that made the 2015 Academic Achievement Awards Banquet.
The evenings sponsors include:
- Bailey Brothers Collision Repair, Brookfield
- Bank of Brookfield Purdin with locations in Brookfield, Meadville, Purdin and Winnigan
- Bank of Odessa
- Brunswick R-2 School
- Buhrmester and Associates, Carrollton
- Carroll County Memorial Hospital
- Carroll County Trust Company, Carrollton and Hale
- Carrollton R-7 School
- Chilhowee R-4 School
- Commercial Bank of Oak Grove
- Consumer Oil Supply, Braymer
- Crest Ridge R-7 School
- Curt and Karol’s Home Center, Concordia
- Eckard’s Home Improvement, Carrollton
- First Missouri Bank with locations in Blythedale, Brookfield, Eagleville, Kearney, Ridgeway
- Gallatin R-5 School
- Green Hills Company, Breckenridge
- Haller Chiropractic and Acupuncture, Oak Grove
- Hamilton Bank
- Hardin-Central School
- Hardin Mini Mart
- Home Savings and Loan, Norborne
- Howard and Marcella Baker Insurance, Hale
- Knob Noster Public School
- Koehler Home Sales, Chillicothe
- La Cross Lumber, Marshall
- Lafayette Co. C-1 School
- Life Care Center, Carrollton
- Marceline R-5 School
- North 65 Cafe, Sedalia
- Odessa R-7 School
- Paula and Dewayne Prince, parent of Taylor Prince of Leeton
- Penny High School, Hamilton
- Pershing Memorial Hospital, Brookfield
- Polo R-7 School
- Pony Express Bank, Braymer
- R-Store, Hale
- Red Cross Pharmacy
- Regional Missouri Bank, Glasgow, Keytesville, downtown Marceline, Salisbury
- University of Missouri, Warrensburg
- Warrensburg High School
- West Central Electric, Higginsville
- Woody’s Outdoor Power Equipment, Chillicothe
- Your local MFA dealer