DENVER, Co. — The American Lamb Board (ALB) invites Industry Associations to participate in the 2018 Local Lamb Promotional Funding Program. The program is intended to help support and build demand for American Lamb at the local and/or regional level. ALB has allocated funds for FY 2018 to support new lamb promotion ideas targeting non-industry audiences (consumers, chefs, media, retailers etc.). This is a competitive funding process and the American Lamb Board will give priority to projects that demonstrate innovative promotion ideas and a commitment to share the cost of executing the promotion. These funds are intended to offset the lamb promotion costs rather subsidizing the general event costs.
The types of programs that would be eligible:
- Lamb sampling at consumer food events
- Cooking and/or butchery demonstrations
- Retail promotions such as in store sampling
- Farm or ranch tours for influencers, media, chefs, etc.
- Farmers market demonstrations or sampling
- Educational seminars at local culinary schools or consumer cooking schools
- Local Lamb-Jam style Cook-off competitions
- Website update
- Local production information i.e. Factsheets/brochures or videos
The types of programs that would not be eligible:
- Lamb industry events including meal functions, auctions etc.
- Requests for funding to support salaries or capital assets
- Any activities related to lobbying or influencing government policy or action
Application available: December 2017
ALB hosting FAQ Conference Call January 9, 2018
Deadline for receiving applications: February 28, 2018
Anticipated award date: March 2018
Deadline for completion of program: December 31, 2018
If you have any questions contact Rae Maestas at [email protected] or 303-759-3001 Ext.3.