The sixth annual Dover Days celebration will get underway Saturday morning. Click to hear KMZU’s Sarah Scott speak with Mayor Aaron Mais:
In addition to the events in downtown Dover, garage sales will be held up and down that 20-mile stretch of 24 Highway. Mais said they often receive visitors from all over the nation, as far away as Montana and Maine.
Press Release from the City of Dover
Dover Days – Blazin’ the Trail
August 3, 2013
The 6th Annual Blazin’ the Trail Event is a 20 mile event along the Santa Fe Trail spanning from Lexington to Waverly. Along the way, you will find Produce, Garage sales, Antiques, Crafts, Food, Wineries, and other Family Events and Shows. At the heart of the trail lies the small town of Dover celebrating their Dover Days Festival. You will find the following events and more happening in the town of Dover.
Dover Days Events, 7am – 10pm
- 7am – 10am Breakfast @ the Dover Community Building
- 7am – 2pm Antique Tractor Show @ the Dover City Park
- 8am – 2pm Kids Games located @ the Dover City Park
- 11am Kids Pedal Tractor Pull @ the City Park
- 9am – 2pm Silent Auction @ the Dover Community Building
- 1pm Dessert Auction @ Dover Community Building
- 10am – 4pm Quilt Show @ the Dover Christian Church
- 11am – 7pm Hot Dogs and Hamburgers @ the Dover City Park
- 2pm Parade With Ike Skelton as Grand Marshall
- 3pm – 6pm Horseshoes/Washer Tournaments @ the City Park
- 1pm – 10pm Wine tasting @ the Dover City Park
- 6pm – 10pm Free Live Concert @ the Dover City Park
For more information visit www.dovermissouri.com.