PRESS RELEASE: (MDA) — Today, Director of Agriculture Chris Chinn announced that 21 youth organizations from across Missouri were awarded grants from the Missouri Department of Agriculture’s 2020 Building Our American Communities grant program. In total, 10 Missouri FFA chapters and 11 Missouri 4-H clubs statewide were awarded funds for their community service projects this year.
“Missouri FFA and Missouri 4-H do a great job of fostering a spirit of service within their local chapters,” said Director of Agriculture Chris Chinn. “There is nothing more important than teaching young people to take care of those around them. We hope that the BOAC grant program is the encouragement these young people need to initiate their own service projects.”
Each of the 2020 awardees will receive $500 toward their projects, which may include upgrades or additions to existing facilities, grounds or buildings, such as fairgrounds, parks or community centers used by local organizations.
The 2020 grant recipients are:
Missouri FFA chapters
- Brookfield FFA, Brookfield (Linn County)
- Bucklin FFA, Bucklin (Linn County)
- California FFA, California (Moniteau County)
- Versailles FFA, Versailles (Morgan County)
- South Harrison FFA, Bethany (Harrison County)
- Carthage FFA, Carthage (Jasper County)
- El Dorado Springs FFA, El Dorado Springs (Cedar County)
- Warrenton FFA, Warrenton (Warren County)
- Fredericktown FFA, Fredericktown (Madison County)
- Ste. Genevieve FFA, Ste. Genevieve (Ste. Genevieve County)
Missouri 4-H clubs
- Elkhorn 4-H, Warrenton (Warren County)
- Mitchelville 4-H, New Hampton (Harrison County)
- Helena Happy Hustlers 4-H, Helena (Andrew County)
- Silver Spurs 4-H, Versailles (Morgan County)
- Shamrock 4-H, California (Moniteau County)
- Westran Ramblers 4-H, Huntsville (Randolph County)
- Busy Busy Beavers 4-H, Moberly (Randolph County)
- Osage River 4-H, Schell City (Cedar County)
- Eudora 4-H, Dadeville (Polk County)
- Ste. Gen 4-H Swine Club, Ste. Genevieve (Ste. Genevieve County)
- Fredericktown Farmers 4-H, Fredericktown (Madison County)
The Building Our American Communities program has been supporting youth projects since the 1970s. Each year, youth organizations throughout Missouri submit proposals for consideration for the grants that support specific projects within each community.
Missouri FFA chapters and Missouri 4-H clubs awarded grants this year must complete their projects no later than Aug. 1, 2020.
For more information on the Department and its programs, visit Agriculture.Mo.Gov.