Sandy Hatte

Sandy Hatte

A child abducted when they were an infant in 2000 has been reunited with their actual family.

The Livingston County Sheriff’s Office conducted an in-depth investigation into the child’s background after concerns were raised during their enrollment.

Following the investigation Sandy Hatte, 60, was arrested Wednesday and charged with alleged felony child abduction. Hatte is being held on a $25,000 cash only bond in the Daviess/DeKalb Regional Jail.

The child was removed from the school Wednesday and reunited with her family shortly afterwards.

Press Release from the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office

A report of alleged Child Abduction from the State of Florida in or around December 2000 is one step closer to being resolved.

The Livingston County Sheriffs Office recently began an investigation after a local school official provided us with information which raised significant concerns over a recent enrollment. 

Detective Eric Menconi and Captain Sindy Fitzpatrick spent numerous hours conducting background investigation and located the juvenile’s biological father in the southern United States.  The deputies also obtained additional information from other law enforcement agencies and/or Courts in Missouri and other state(s) which allegedly gave probable cause to support the allegation the juvenile was abducted about 13 years ago in the State of Florida when the victim was a very small child.

After collecting our evidence/information and multiple meetings with Livingston County Prosecuting Attorney Adam Warren and the Juvenile Officer, we took custody of the child from the school on September 18.  We were then assisted by the Child Advocacy Center in obtaining a debriefing interview of the juvenile victim.

We have arrested Sandy Hatte, 60, for alleged felony Child Abduction and since served her with a Livingston County arrest warrant and Ms. Hatte is being held in the Daviess Dekalb County Regional Jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bond.

I personally wish to commend Detective Eric Menconi and Captain Sindy Fitzpatrick for their dedication and many hours they have worked on this case.  Although our entire office has time and effort on this investigation and arrest, these two deputies have been extremely professional, diligent, and dedicated in seeing this case through and going the extra miles in helping with reunification of the family.  They really did a great thing here.

Additionally I want to publicly thank Mr. Richard Primm from Days Inn of Chillicothe and Mr. Kevin Murry at Golden Corral in Chillicothe.  Mr. Primm gladly provided a nice room and breakfast and Mr. Murry wanted to treat the family to dinner to help with their long overdue reunification.  Mr. Primm and Mr. Murry gave this family something positive in this difficult situation, both men and businesses should also be commended.