CHILLICOTHE, Mo. — Chillicothe Fire officials reported responding to a structure fire on Sunset Ave. Friday night.

According to the incident release, firefighters arrived to the scene at 10:29 p.m. and were in service for 44 minutes.

Fire reportedly came from eves of the rear of the structure and smoke leaked from attic vents. 3,000 gallons of water and a 1-3/4″ hand line were used to suppress and fight the fire, which was determined to be caused by a faulty electrical connection on an exterior light fixture.

The fire department was assisted by the Chillicothe Police Department and Division of Fire Safety.