genericsmokecloudgeneric

CHILLICOTHE, Mo – The Chillicothe fire department responded to reports of a house fire late Saturday night.

Fire officials were at the scene on Cherry street into the early morning Sunday, where a residence was belching smoke from the roof line.  Cellulose insulation had reportedly been ignited in the ceiling.  A resident said they had added an electric space heater to one bedroom, and subsequently lost power to several rooms in the house.  According to Fire Chief, Darrell Wright, The cause of the fire was a faulty electrical circuit.

A kitchen and hallway sustained moderate damage.  No injuries were reported.