COLUMBIA, Mo. — A Columbia man died of smoke inhalation after a fire at his residence early Thursday morning.

Police were called to a report of smoke in the 3400 block of Balboa Lane around 3:00 a.m. Thursday, according to a release from the Columbia Police Department.

Firefighters were called in and found the body of 38-year-old Jason Ian Frazier in a bedroom.

Officials say the blaze was caused by unattended cooking on a kitchen stove.

The fire had burned itself out before firefighters arrived. Foul play is not suspected in the fire.