If you would like to submit an event for the Community Calendar
please email the information to email@example.com, fax it to (660) 542-0420,
or mail it to: 102 N. Mason • Carrollton, MO 64633
Please send submissions two weeks before event to ensure they are included on the calendar.
FilmFest 4-H provides a venue for 4-H members across the nation to express their creativity, showcase their filmmaking skills, and nurture that spark inside that drives them to make the imaginary real.
FilmFest 4-H reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any work, reject any submission, and make executive decisions on individual situations not foreseen by these guidelines.
Film Submission Fees:
· One Minute Movie – $10.00
· All Other Categories – $15.00 per submission
· One Minute Movie – 60 seconds, from beginning to end.
· All Other Categories – 10 minutes maximum
o If time limit is exceeded, only the first 10 minutes will be shown.
Preparing Your Film for Submission
· Upload your film, in High Definition, to a hosting site such as YouTube or Vimeo. Be sure to list the title, running time and director’s name in the description.
Submitting the entry form implies acceptance of the Rules and Regulations by all producers, directors and/or their agents submitting material. If your work is accepted for screening at FilmFest 4-H 2020, you agree to and understand the following:
· Responsibilities – The filmmaker(s) must have secured ALL rights licenses, clearances and releases needed for exhibition. This includes formal written permission for the use of ALL copyright music.
· Format – You grant permission for the festival to download an exhibition copy of the film from the URL provided.
· Publicity – Upon request, please make any photos or information regarding the film or the filmmakers. Please be available for interviews prior to and during the festival.
New for 2021! Screenplay Competition
Participants are encouraged to enter the 1st official screenplay competition. Each participant may enter one screenplay. The submission fee for the screenplay competition is $10.
· Write a screenplay that is 3-10 pages and contains 2-5 characters, who are in a place of some kind and doing things of some sort.
· In true film industry fashion, the screenplay must be in the format below. For additional help with this format, check out this video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZszextv6yE(opens in new window)
· Screenplays should be submitted as either a pdf or word document.
The University of Missouri is an equal opportunity/ADA institution. If you need special accommodations for this event because of a disability, or if you need materials in an alternate format, please contact Samantha Brandeberry at (573) 882-7648 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration to attend the virtual conference August 7-8, 2021 will be open from June 14th – July 11th. Filmmakers are not required to attend the conference, but it is highly encouraged. More information about registration will be posted and linked through https://extension.missouri.edu/programs/missouri-4-h/4-h-projects-opportunities/4-h-opportunities/4-h-filmfest.
Film Submission Information
Film Submissions will be collected June 14th – July 11th, 2021. No late submissions will be collected. To submit a film, please fill out this form: https://missouri.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4PmzSKsq56TX1w9