About a dozen firefighters responded to a home in the 200 block of South Folger Street in Carrollton on Tuesday.  Click to hear KMZU’s Chelsea Wade talk with Fire Chief Curtis Shields:

Curtis Shields

“The residents were not at home when the fire broke out,” Shields said.  “Our preliminary investigations seem to lead us to the stove area of the house.  We think it was probably accidental in nature and probably due to cooking.  We are going to continue investigating, but that is what we think at this time.”

Unfortunately firefighters were not able to save the family’s dog.  “We tried hard to save it.  We did everything we could.  We hate to see any family suffer a loss.”

Crews from the North Central Fire Protection District and Bogard were called to assist.  It took firefighters less than an hour to extinguish the blaze.  No injuries have been reported.