MCFPD, Jose Lopez

MERCER COUNTY, MO – A house fire in Mercer County devastated a residence on Route C Saturday.

According to Mercer County Fire Protection District, fire crews arriving on scene  Saturday said fire was showing through the roof, along with heavy smoke. County FPD in a Facebook Post, said crews could not sustain an aggressive interior attack of the fire, due to a lack of water resources. The structure was declared a total loss.  No injuries were reported.

The fire was believed to have originated from the chimney.

Multiple agencies, including Grundy County, Spickard, and Medicine Creek were called to the scene.