CHILLICOTHE, Mo. – Chillicothe firefighters found a couple of electrical problems after responding to smoke in a house Thursday afternoon.

A page around 4:30 p.m., yesterday, sent responders to Tony Trammell’s home at 1809 Fair Street. A Fire Marshall who responded to the call told firefighters that there was a light haze in the basement area. The homeowner said that he started a load of laundry and went back upstairs, before he smelled smoke. Using the thermal imaging camera, it was determined that the washing machine motor was overheating. Further examination found a belt to the motor had burned up.

While checking the rest of the residence, the thermal imager revealed an overheated extension cord,in a bedroom, that had heat damage to the plug.