Chillicothe Firemen were sent to a grease fire on a stove top at an apartment on Chicago Street Wednesday night. According to their press release, the fire was put out by the homeowner using flour, which is not recommended. Firemen used a ventilation fan to clear smoke from the residence and used their thermal imaging camera to verify the fire did not spread past the stove top. There was no damage to the actual structure. Chief Wright reminds us that if you have a grease fire in a pan, cover it with a lid. If a grease fire is outside the pan, baking soda is the preferred extinguisher.