CHILLICOTHE, Mo. – The Chillicothe Fire Department says a home owner and a passerby contained a fire at a residence on Bryan Street Tuesday night.

Around 7:44 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to the home of Andrew Perkins, where they found Mr. Perkins spraying the melted siding on his home with a garden hose. The report says wind whipped up burning leaves in the back yard, deposited them alone a fence line on the East side of the home. The fire quickly ignited the bushes in front of the home and melted the vinyl siding. A passerby has stopped to assist Perkins with the fire.

There was no structural damage to the residence.