MISSOURI – The Missouri Public Service Commission has scheduled public hearings in eight counties next week on the Grain Belt Express power line.
A number of agricultural associations and business groups have recently expressed strong opposition to the high voltage electric line through northern Missouri. Several Missouri lawmakers have raised opposition for the line and eight Missouri county governments have formally withdrawn support for Grain Belt Express.
Meeting are planned in Monroe City and Hannibal on December 7, Marceline and Moberly on December 8, Cameron and Faucett on December 13 and in Polo and Carrollton on December 14. Below is a complete list of the times and locations of the meetings.
The public hearing schedule:
- Dec. 7, 2016: Monroe City, Knights of Columbus Hall, 12:00 p.m.*
- 424 South Locust
- Dec. 7, 2016: Hannibal, Theater Auditorium, 6:00 p.m.
- Hannibal-LaGrange University, 2800 Palmyra Road
- Dec. 8, 2016: Marceline, 12:00 p.m.*
- Walsworth Community Center, 124 East Ritchie
- Dec. 8, 2016: Moberly, 6:00 p.m.
- Moberly Municipal Auditorium, 201 West Rollins
- Dec. 13, 2016: Cameron, 12:00 p.m.*
- Cameron Community Center, 915 Ashland Avenue
- Dec. 13, 2016: Faucett, 6:00 p.m.
- Mid-Buchanan High School, Multipurpose Room, 3221 SE Route H
- Dec. 14, 2016: Polo, 12:00 p.m.*
- Community Center at Stagecoach Park, 1010 Main Street
- Dec. 14, 2016: Carrollton, 6:00 p.m.
- Rupe Community Center, 710 Harvest Hills Drive
- *In order to be able to move equipment to the next local public hearing that same day, 12:00 p.m. local public hearings will end no later than 4:00 p.m.