HIGGINSVILLE, Mo.- The Lafayette Prosecuting Attorney’s Office filed formal charges against a Higginsville man who was allegedly involved in a lengthy standoff with the Higginsville Police Department at his residence.

According to court documents, John David Pippin III, 39, is being charged with two counts of felony first-degree assault or attempt-serious physical injury or special victim, two counts of felony armed criminal action, and one count of felony first-degree endangering the welfare of a child creating substantial risk. A judge was assigned to the case yesterday, January 30, 2018.

A filed probable cause statement indicates Pippin was approached by law enforcement at his residence in Higginsville following a possible disturbance no longer in progress call. Before officers made contact with Pippin four young children and another subject were seen exiting the residence. Pippin then reportedly exited the residence and was on the front porch yelling threats including shooting officers while holding an AR-15 style rifle. Multiple attempts were made pleading with Pippin to drop his weapon for a little over an hour before he went back in his residence.

A detective with the Higginsville Police Department then made contact with Pippin over the phone and was able to get him out of the residence without further incident. A consent to search was to given to authorities on scene who uncovered multiple weapons in the residence including a DPMS AR-15 .223 caliber rifle with a live round in the chamber and a 30 round magazine that was filled to capacity. Also located were two pistols near the rifle describes as a Ruger LCP, .380 caliber and a Springfield Armory XD-9, 9mm caliber. Both pistols had magazines in the well that were filled to capacity. A total of 8 other long guns, two compound bows, and a crossbow were seized from the residence.

Pippin is currently in custody at the Lafayette County Jail on a $250,000 cash-only bond. Future court dates are currently pending.