CHILLICOTHE, Mo. – A home in Chillicothe has extensive damage after a fire broke out around 1:00 p.m. Wednesday.

The police department called out the fire department for smoke bellowing from the roof of a house on Walnut Street. The homeowner arrived in time to open a door and let his pet cat out before firefighters arrived. Along with the burning home, firefighters had to contend with an arching power line and multiple landscape fires in the back yard.

A rechargeable game controller is thought to be the cause of the fire.