One local school district is taking steps to ensure residents understand the tax levy issue prior to the April 3rd election. Click to hear KMZU’s Chelsea Wade talk with Lexington Superintendent Brad MacLaughlin:

Brad MacLaughlin

The 63-cent levy increase will account for about 40 percent of the projected shortfall, according to MacLaughlin.  The other 60 percent, he said, has come from the combination of reductions and the four-day school week model that the board adopted in December.  The proposed levy will go before voters next month.