MDC offers Discover Nature Girls Camp July 13 at Busch Shooting Rang
Girls, ages 11-15, should apply now for this chance to learn outdoor skills and safety in a fun, supportive environment.
Jefferson City– The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) will be offering its annual Discover Nature Girls Camp Tuesday, July 13, this year at the August A. Busch Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center in Defiance. This is a free, full-day camp aimed at introducing girls, ages 11–15, to a range of outdoors skills in a supportive learning environment. The all-day camp will begin at 7:15 a.m. at the August A. Busch Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center in Defiance and will conclude at the nearby August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area at 7 p.m. that evening.
Discover Nature Girls Camp is free with all equipment and lunch provided. The camp is limited to 60 girls between the ages of 11 to 15 years old. The first 60 applications received will be selected to attend. The Discover Nature Girls Camp is also seeking chaperones to assist with the camp.
To apply, participants should follow the following steps:
- Preregister online at https://short.mdc.mo.gov/ZrP
- Supply a current email and address when registering
- Watch for an email confirmation and an information packet in the mail
- Fill out the packet as soon as possible and return. Students must complete the knowledge portion explained in packet.
- Return the packet prior to attending the Discover Nature Girls Camp on July 13
For additional information, contact Becky Robertson at Becky.Robertson@mdc.mo.gov, or 636-441-4554, ext. 4126.