JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.(Press Release) – This week marks the deadline for the final briefs to be filed with the Missouri Public Service Commission regarding the Grain Belt Express Clean Line. The Grain Belt Express Clean Line would be the largest clean energy infrastructure project in Missouri’s history and would save Missouri ratepayers more than $10 million annually.
Missouri groups in support of building the wind transmission line include ratepayers, manufacturers, energy producers, business groups, organized labor, Fortune 500 companies, environmental interests and retailers.
The groups who participated in the case in support of the project include:
- Missouri Department of Economic Development
- Missouri Joint Municipal Electric Utility Commission
- Consumers Council of Missouri
- Missouri Industrial Energy Consumers
- Missouri Retailers Association
- SSM Health
- Infinity Wind Power
- Energy for Generations
- Wind on the Wires and the Wind Coalition
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Locals 2 and 53
- Sierra Club, Missouri Chapter
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Renew Missouri