MoDOT announced Wednesday they will allow grain haulers across the state to haul crops at heavier-than-normal weights during this harvest season. Carriers may haul up to 10% more than their licensed weight, but those heavier loads will not be allowed on interstate highways and drivers must obey all posted bridge weight limits.
The waiver will remain in effect through December 14th.
- A loaded, gross weight no greater than 10% above the gross licensed weight of the commercial motor vehicle
- Transportation only within the State of Missouri
- Drivers must obey all posted bridge weight limits
- When crossing a bridge, the driver must restrict the vehicle speed to no more than thirty miles per hour (30 mph) and must center the the truck between two lanes of the bridge. The truck driver must yield to oncoming traffic, and
- Travel on highways other than Missouri interstate highways. No overweight travel is allowed on Missouri interstate highways.