Road crews continue their winter work following a busy weekend of holiday traffic and wintry weather.
- Interstate 70 Bridge Replacement – Replacement of bridges over Business Loop 70, Garth Avenue and Rangeline Street continues.
- Interstate 70 over Providence Road – Bridge maintenance will take place Wednesday, December 2 and Thursday, December 3. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
- Route K between Old Plank Road and Timber Ridge – Roadside maintenance will take place Monday, November 30 through Tuesday, December 1. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
- Route 371 – From the St. Joseph city limits to the Platte County line; shoulder work, Nov. 30 – Dec. 4
- S. Route 36 – At the Platte River Bridge; bridge deck replacement, Nov. 30 – Dec. 6. Traffic is head to head in the westbound lanes with a 14-foot width restriction.
- S. Route 36 – From Route M to NE Spring Hill Road; pavement repair, Dec. 3 – 4. Includes a 12-foot width restriction.
- Route 41 – CLOSED at the Wakenda Chute Bridge; bridge maintenance, Nov. 30 – Dec. 3, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily.
- Route T – CLOSED from 141st Street to 145th Street; culvert replacement, Nov. 30 – Dec. 1, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily
- Holt County
- S. Route 59 – From I-29 to the Craig city limits; drainage work, Nov. 29 – Dec. 4
- Route 23: New pavement construction will impact northbound and southbound Route 23 near I-70 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Dec. 31.
- S. Route 36 – From the Locust Creek Bridge to the Mussel Fork Bridge; pavement repair, Nov. 30 – Dec. 2
- S. Route 36 – From Route 139 to the Macon County line; pothole patching, Dec. 1 – 4
- Route 139 – CLOSED from Balboa Road to Argo Road; culvert replacement, Dec. 2, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Route V – From the Chillicothe city limits to Route K; drainage work, Nov. 30 – Dec. 4
- Mercer County
- S. Route 65 – Sealing, Nov. 30 – Dec. 4
In addition to the work listed above, there may be pothole patching, mowing, spraying, brush cutting, guardrail repairs and other road work conducted throughout the region.
Winter driving is here, so remember to have your vehicle checked. Make sure tires are roadworthy and you have all necessary fluids including antifreeze and washer fluid.
Plus, be ready to slow down and put extra distance between yourself and other vehicles when precipitation is present, please be safe.