Chillicothe Fire

Early morning house fire in Chillicothe, MO

Fire crews responded to a smoke detector in the 1600 block of 3rd Street at 5:30 a.m. Monday. According to the Chillicothe Fire Department, no occupants were home at the time of the fire.

Reports indicate the fire started in the attic of the two story home from a hot or smoldering object. Crews were able to contain the fire in the attic.

The fire was reported under control within an hour of crews being on scene. No injuries were reported during the incident.