CARROLL COUNTY, Mo. – The Missouri Department of Transportation has scheduled numerous pavement repair projects throughout the area. A few bridge projects will also impact travel this week.
Below is the complete schedule for work in the Northwest District of MoDOT. Links to all district schedules are posted below that.
- Route N – Pothole patching, Aug. 21 – 25
- Route EE – Pothole patching, Aug. 22 – 25
- U.S. Route 136 – CLOSED at the Little Tarkio Creek for a bridge replacement project. The road will close on Aug. 24 and remain closed until November 2017.
- U.S. Route 36 – Bridge and interchange project one mile east of Route AC, Aug. 21 – 26
- Route 6 – A sidewalk improvement and resurfacing project between Interstate 29 and Woodbine Road, Aug. 21 – 26. This could include occasional night work.
- U.S. Route 59 (St. Joseph Avenue) – Milling and pothole patching at Maxwell Road, Aug. 22 – 24
- Route DD – CLOSED for a bridge replacement project. The road will close Friday evening, Aug. 25, at approximately 7 p.m. and remain closed through October.
- I-29 – At Exit 35 narrowed to one lane each direction, Aug. 25 – 27, for a bridge replacement project. During the demolition of the interstate overpass on Route DD, interstate traffic will be re-routed up and over the on and off ramps at Exit 35 (Faucett exit). Motorists should anticipate delays.
- Route 116 – Drainage work from Dynamite Drive to SE Evans Road, Aug. 23 – 24
- Route B – Pothole patching from U.S. Route 65 to U.S. Route 24, Aug. 22 – 23
- Route C – Pothole patching, Aug. 22 – 24
- Route DD – Pothole patching, Aug. 24
- Route 129 – CLOSED for a culvert replacement from Route PP to East 6th Street in Salisbury, Aug. 22, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Route D – Bridge maintenance at the bridge over Bee Branch, Aug. 22 – 23
- Route KK – Bridge maintenance at the bridge over the Little Chariton River, Aug. 24 – 25
- Route M – Drainage work from 300th Street to 310th Street, Aug. 22 – 23
- U.S. Route 169 – Resurfacing from Route 31 to Stanberry, Aug. 22 – 26
- U.S. Route 136 – Chip sealing from U.S. Route 169 to the Nodaway County line, Aug. 23 – 24. A pilot car will direct motorist through the work zone. This includes a 12-foot width restriction.
- Route H – CLOSED for a culvert replacement from Route E to McCurry Grove Road, Aug. 23, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Route E – Pothole patching, Aug. 21 – 25
- I-29 – Bridge replacement project at the Davis Creek Bridge near Exit 84, Aug. 22 – 27. I-29 will be narrowed to one lane in each direction. This includes a 12-foot width restriction. The lane closures will remain in place overnight.
- Route 118 – The ramp from Route 118 to southbound I-29 CLOSED for the Davis Creek Bridge replacement project Aug. 22 through Nov. 30.
- I-29 northbound – Pavement repair at mile marker 81, Aug. 22 – 23
- Route B – Bridge maintenance at the bridge over Hickory Creek, Aug. 22 – 25
- U.S. Route 59 – Pavement repair just east of the city limits of Oregon, Aug. 24 – 25
- U.S. Route 36 – Pothole patching from the Macon County line to Route 11, Aug. 21 – 22
- Route CC – Shoulder work at Kaddon Road, Aug. 21 – 23
- U.S. Route 36 eastbound – Bridge maintenance at the bridge over the Grand River, Aug. 21 – 24
- Route U – CLOSED slide repair from Route N to Keystone Road, Aug. 22, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- U.S. Route 136 – Chip sealing from the Gentry County line to Route J, Aug. 23 – 24. A pilot car will direct motorists through the work zone. This includes a 12-foot width restriction.
- Route N – CLOSED culvert and slide repair from Route M to 390th Street, Aug. 23 – 25, 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. daily.
- Route 149 – Resurfacing, Aug. 21 – 26
- Route W – Resurfacing from U.S. Route 136 to the Schuyler County line, Aug. 21 – 26
- Route U – Chip sealing from U.S. Route 136 to the Iowa state line, Aug. 22 – 23.
- Route 6 – Slide repair from the city limits of Milan to the city limits of Green City, Aug. 21 – 25
- Routes O, V and HH – Sealing, Aug. 21 – 25
- Route 246 – CLOSED for a bridge replacement project at the Platte River Bridge. The bridge will be closed through September.
In addition to the work listed above there may be bridge deck washing, striping, brush cutting, guardrail repairs and other road work conducted by MoDOT crews throughout the region. Many of these will be moving operations and could include lane closures with delays. Be ready to slow down or get over. Motorists should also be sure to have plenty of bottled water in case of mechanical problems, leaving them temporarily stranded in the extreme heat.
For a complete detailed look at the Missouri Department of Transportation’s pavement repair projects schedule, including work by county lists, visit the MoDOT website. You can also plan your trips with the Traveler Information Map.