Private Pesticide Applicators Training will be held at several area MU Extension Offices in the next few weeks. Click to hear KMZU’s Sarah Scott speak with Agronomy Specialist Wyatt Miller:
Miller said the class is for individuals wanting to obtain a license or renew their current one.
“It will be about a three hour training session where we will cover different things such as proper use and things you would want to avoid doing when applying pesticides,” said Miller, “These tips are designed to help protect the environment and our water supplies.”
Miller asks that reservations be made one day prior to the class. Interested persons can reserve their spot by calling the extension center where the class is being held.
Attendees are required to purchase a manual (M87) for $12 or bring a 2007 or newer copy with them.
The classes will be held in:
- Lafayette County Extension Center on February 15th from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. The phone number is (660) 584-3658.
- The Ray County Extension Center on February 19th from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. The phone number is (816) 776-6961.
- The Clay County Extension Center on March 5th from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. The phone number is (816) 407-3490.
- The Platte County Extension Center on March 5th from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. The phone number is (816) 270-2141.
- The Jackson County Extension Center on March 7th from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The phone number is (816) 252-5051.