JEFFERSON CITY, Mo- State Treasurer Eric Schmitt will join fellow advocates from the disability community on Monday, April 24, 2017 in St. Louis to mark the launch of the MO ABLE disability savings program.
- Eric Schmitt – Missouri State Treasurer
- Aimee Wehmeier – President & CEO, Paraquad
- Sara Hart Weir – President, National Down Syndrome Society
- Bill Bolster – Member, Missouri ABLE Board & Chairman of the Board, St. Louis Chapter of Autism Speaks
- Mary Beth Monafo – Vice Chair, Productive Living Board for St. Louis County Citizens with Developmental Disabilities
- Elijah & Todd Mayfield – MO ABLE participant and his father
- Jeanne Marshall – Executive VP of Services and Chief Program Officer, EasterSeals Midwest
WHAT: Treasurer Schmitt will officially launch MO ABLE, a program that enables Missourians living with disabilities to save and invest through tax-free savings accounts without losing eligibility for federal benefits programs.
WHEN: Monday, April 24, 2017, 10:00 AM
WHERE: Paraquad (5240 Oakland Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110)
Treasurer Schmitt will be available for media interviews after the announcement. For more information, or for members of the media interested in covering this event, please contact Garrett Poorman at 573-298-2486 or [email protected]. Confirmation of attendance is requested to ensure accommodation.
A livestream of the event will be available on the MO ABLE Facebook page.