UPDATE:  8 p.m. – The State Fire Marshall’s investigation into a fire that killed two children in a Baring residence has reached a conclusion.

The fire early Tuesday that killed Brayden Coon, 18 mo, and jacob Coon, 3, was deemed accidental. Investigators determined the fire started in the ceiling above a newly installed wood stove.

Two other children and three adults escaped from the blaze, and were treated for smoke inhalation.

BARING, Mo. – Two children are dead and two others and their parents were hospitalized after a fire at their home, early Tuesday morning.

Jacob Coon, 3, and his brother, Brayden Coon, 18 months, died in the house fire on Frazer Street in Baring, Missouri. Aaron and Rebecca Coon and their other two children are recovering from smoke inhalation.

They were taken by ambulance to Northeast Regional Medical Center in Kirksville for treatment.