Webinars cover ASF and what can be done to help protect the U.S. swine herd
Washington– The United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) is hosting African Swine Fever (ASF) Action Week from September 13-17 – encouraging U.S. swine producers to join multiple webinars to learn about ASF and what they can do to help protect the U.S. swine herd.
Every day the week of September 13-17, from 2:00 pm – 3:00pm EDT, APHIS will host a webinar on a different ASF topic. These webinars will also be recorded. Interested producers can register here.
The webinars will be as follows:
- Monday, September 13: African Swine Fever: Where it Exists and What’s at Stake
- Tuesday, September 14: Steps APHIS is Taking to Prevent and Prepare for ASF
- Wednesday, September 15: ASF and the Benefits of Biosecurity
- Thursday, September 16: What to Expect in an ASF Outbreak
- Friday, September 17: ASF and the Feral Swine Factor
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack released a video echoing the importance of keeping this devastating disease out of the United States.