A fire at Western Missouri Medical Center was reported just after noon on Monday. Warrensburg Fire Battalion Chief Doyle Oxley reports that the fire resulted from a welder working on a pipe for the new kitchen area. A spark from the welding ignited a nearby box of insulation but was quickly brought under control. Damage was confined to a small area and did not affect any of the patients. There were no injuries and no evacuations. Emergency Prevention Officer Jeremy VanWey completed the investigation.