SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) — A 64-year-old woman who was burned in early February while smoking at St. John’s Hospital in Springfield has died from her injuries.

Assistant fire chief Randy Villines said Wednesday that Eileen Moorehouse, of Eureka Springs, Ark., died Tuesday. She suffered second-degree burns on her face, neck and right arm on Feb. 6.

Villines says Moorehouse, who was on oxygen, was smoking in her hospital room when the fire started. He says it’s unclear how she got the cigarettes.

A nurse put the fire out with a fire extinguisher.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.